Here is what myself and my iPhone have been getting up to recently…
1. Persuaded Mr E to buy me, or rather let me buy, some nice winter boots from River Island/ASOS.com. I love them and have certainly got the wear out of them now the weather has gone cold.
2. Feeling very lucky that my Mum owns a beauty salon- facials for free!
3. Little gestures from my husband- like leaving a £10 on the steering wheel of my car in the morning with ‘I Love You’ written on it, so I could treat myself to lunch out with a friend.
4. Loving my Grandma, ever since I was at university whenever I came home in the holidays she would make me a ‘Red Cross Food Parcel’ full of typical things students need- pasta, rice, ketchup, biscuits, wine (!) etc. She has carried them on even though I am nearly 30 and every time we go for dinner we have a bag full of goodies to take home- this time it now includes bits for Mads and she always buys us nappies. I think we need to tell her that perhaps it is best not to include Ketchup for a while!
5. Comfort food when it is chilly outside- nothing better than snuggling on the sofa with a good old gammon steak and chips.
6. Making Mr E a cake- malteasers are his favourite!
7. A little note on my mirror in my bedroom reminding me of something every day.
8. Quite possibly one of the yummiest things I have ever eaten. In the little village where I grew up and where my Mums salon is there is a local pub and they make THE best Malteaser cheesecake. My sister took me out for lunch the other day and I couldn’t resist having a slice.
9. Making memories for Mads- her 12-18 month photobook arrived- all 50 pages of it! I take a lot of photos.