My Week That Was #42

I am full and tired after a day at a family celebration, so without further ado here is My Week That Was.

Monday was a work day but it went nice and quick as I was very busy.  In the evening we went over to my Mum’s for dinner and had a roast which was very yummy indeed.

Tuesday was another work day, it didn’t go quite as quick but was still pretty busy- being busy definitely makes the days go quick.

Wednesday was another work day in the morning, Wednesdays always go quite quick as we have a team meeting every week so by the time I have sat down at my desk it is time to go home.  In the afternoon I did quite a lot of freelance work so I was pleased I had a productive day.

Thursday was my day off and Mads and I went to our local garden centre to meet three friends and their children.  They do the yummiest cakes there and there are animals and a playground so it is a lovely place to go with Mads. We then came home, had tried to cook Mr E a malteaser cake which was as bit of a disaster first time round, however the second attempt was very yummy.  Mads had a lovely long sleep and I got some blogging done.  I didn’t have a great day as I was very emotional and hormonal, you know one of those days where you get teary at everything!

Friday morning we got up and went to soft play with two of my friends.  All three of us are pregnant, in fact one of my friends told me that morning that she was 11 weeks, so it is nice as there will be a few of us on maternity leave at the same time.  It was Mads little boyfriend’s second birthday- I can’t believe they are starting to turn two- my girly will be two in December and that is a scary thought.  In the afternoon Mads had another nice long sleep which I really need at the moment.

Saturday we got up and went over to my Mum’s so I could have my waxing and nails done- it is really lovely having a Mum who owns a beauty salon, I am very lucky that I get to get pampered whenever I want.  We then went car shopping as we are looking to upgrade our car.  We have a new VW Polo at the moment but is too small really as we go away at the weekends quite a lot.  We aren’t sure but are thinking of getting a Nissan Qashqui.  We then came home and Mr E cooked a yummy risotto and we snuggled on the sofa watching Saturday night TV.

Sunday we got up and tidied the house before going to my Grandfathers second 80th birthday party.  This was a lovely do, set in a lovely old barn belonging to one of his friends.  There were 80 of his friends and family there and we all had a great time.  Mads was as good as gold, and Mr E and the rest of my family got tipsy while I stuck to the orange juice.  We came home about 5pm and relaxed on the sofa.


And that was My Week That Was.

If you would like to join up and tell us about your week (or show us your week in photos) the linky is open and will remain open until next Sunday so feel free to join up at any time- doesn’t just have to be on a Sunday.  You can grab the badge too.  Have a good week.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge