When I was pregnant with Mads, buying things was like a military operation. As soon as we had our 20 week scan and knew that things seemed to be progressing well, I became fixated on researching baby products and items. I bought myself a very cute little ‘baby planner’ notebook and would write lists on all the things we needed for our little bundle. I loved going to big shops like Kiddicare, and choosing things our buggy, and I also loved buying clothes and other gorgeous little bits for our impending arrival.
This time it is totally different. As yet, I haven’t bought a single thing for baby number two. It isn’t that the excitement isn’t there, it still is, although because we don’t have to buy everything again, I must admit that it isn’t the same.
We have everything we need pretty much for our little bump from last time- especially all the main essentials. We have her nursery ready as it is Mads who will be going into a new big girls room, we have lovely little girl blankets, a bouncy chair, a play mat, toys and of course we have clothes.
We do need a new double buggy, however I am not planning on buying a brand new one, as Mads will be 26 months when the baby arrives and therefore there is just no point in spending a fortune on a new one. We also need a new steriliser as ours ended up being used quite a lot as I used to have to constantly sterilise my breast pump attachments!
Other than that we just don’t need much apart from bits and pieces like new muslin cloths, bibs and some newborn clothes as we don’t want her to wear all of Mads, as countless washing has made some a bit tatty.
However this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have to be exciting. In actual fact, buying for Bug when we eventually get round to doing it, will actually be more exciting as instead of buying all the boring stuff- we get to just buy lovely things like cute clothes. I am also determined to keep this baby in babgrows and all in ones a lot longer than I did Mads- I really wanted to dress her in little outfits but this time I want to keep with the onesies as long as possible. Pretty ones though.
Here is my wishlist of things I am liking for our new addition at the moment-
1. I love these massive Muslin Clothes from Aden and Anais. We had one with Mads and used it all the time, it is perfect as a general sick wiping cloth, but also good for breastfeeding as when you are in public you can cover yourself with them.
2. I had one of these gro swaddles all the time when Mads was born- we have two still that we can use but would like to add another one to the collection- they are perfect as a swaddle blanket and Mads slept well from the beginning- can I contribute it to these? They are cosy and come in lovely patterns too.
3. I love this little Mustache romper from Beau Loves.
4.. I love this vest from ‘Little Sister’ romper from Next, I adore it and think I may buy it as our going home outfit. That seems like a long way away yet.
5. I am a big fan of the Aztec stuff that is around at the moment, and therefore I love this little suit from Next again.
6. This strawberry onesie from Not on the High Street is adorable too. This baby will be in onesies until she is eighteen!
EDIT- We finally bought our first thing for Baby Number 2- the Next Little Sister Onesie that I mentioned above- finally she has something!