At the start of this year I set myself a challenge. Along with a few other bloggers I decided to take part in the 366 challenge, where I would take a photo a day for the whole year. All guns blazing, I went in and even dedicated a tab on my taskbar for all my photos.
I can definitely say I have lived up to the challenge. In fact that is the problem. I traded in my old DSLR for a new one and since then my camera is never far behind me. I have always been very snap happy, but now Mr E curses the day he ever gave in and let me buy a new camera. I can quite easily say that I take far more than one photo a day- in fact I take lots, the only exception being work days where I doubt the inside of my grey office building would be very exciting. I love preserving our memories.
I am so busy with work, being a mama, freelance work, blogging and ensuring I spend quality time with Mr E that I have been neglecting to post my photos daily- therefore I would spend ages on a Sunday adding the weeks photos. Not fun. But then I realised that they are very similar to My Week That Was posts- so I have decided that I am no longer going to faff around with uploading the photos. RIP 366.
Instead, I had been thinking about all the many little details I take on my iPhone, and inspired by a post Bryony did recently saying about things that made her smile, I have decided to do a new mini blog series called 'Little Bits Of Life.' Rather than post daily, every once in a while I am going to do a post on my life through my iphone. After all, although my DSLR captures a lot, my iPhone captures the smallest details that may not warrant a post of their own. I think I will enjoy doing this a lot more. It may be once a week, once a fortnight, or even once a month- but it will be all about the little details in my life. And don't worry I am still taking a zillion photos a day!
Here is the first of my 'Little Bits Of Life.'
1. It all went quiet for a second and I found this carnage on my kitchen floor- biscuit thief!
2. What can be better in life than a summer dress, and blowing bubbles with your Daddy on a nice warm evening?
3. Playing kitchens- note her holding the dolly's hand. Too cute!
4. New shoes from Auntie Paula. Toms inspired but with flowers.
5. When we let her feed herself this is what happens.
6. Summery brights- Mads is so bang on trend!
7. Summer footwear- makes even a work day a little better.
8. The three of us. I love our little family.
9. Glittery nails this week.