I’m well over due a little update on life through the eyes of my iPhone. I love doing these posts, just capturing little snippets of what we have been up to over the last few weeks. While I love my big camera, I do find that nowadays I only really take it out when we go away for the weekend or out for the day, or if I know that we have something exciting on. I know that I will use it more come Spring and Summer when we are outside, but when we just go places indoors I feel a bit of a wally pulling out a massive camera with a big lens on the end. Therefore my iPhone is being used more and more- and I recently got an upgrade to the rather large iPhone 6.
Here is a fair few bits of life through the eyes of my phone…
1. My obsession with taking photos in front of our garage door shows no sign of stopping. I love that I will be able to look back on them in years to come and notice a real difference in how much they changed and grew. Plus I love dressing them and it will be great to look back on all their little outfits. Like these adorable teddy hoodies!
2. These pretty tulips at my Mum’s house made me feel all Spring like.
3. LL was poorly one day so had to stay off nursery- we had a great day snuggling on the sofa together while I attempted to work on my laptop- we even ate lunch on there which was a real treat.
4. We are loving our Subaru XV and going on #XVAdventures – it’s definitely become part of the family. I had to snap this photo of it after I got it cleaned, looking all shiny in the morning sunshine.
5. My girl’s favourite kind of lunch is what we call a ‘picky picky’ lunch- basically a whole load of unhealthy bits and bobs. I bought these plates from my lovely friend Fritha’s shop– they are so bright and colourful which suits me down to a tee.
6. One weekend we all got dressed and I noticed we were all colour coordinated so I made Mr E take a photo of us- while I often coordinate Mads and LL’s outfits, I definitely didn’t do this on purpose!
7. Ever since I was pregnant with Mads I have become obsessed with baths- I love a long soak with bubble bath. Since we got our bathroom done I love them even more, I love my little floating shelves full of trinkets, the photo of LL is my favourite photo I have taken I think.
8. We love going to my Mum’s on a Monday- we always have a Monday morning date with her but recently in a bid to save money (far too many lunches out!) and in order for me to do a bit of work, we have been going to see her at her house. I captured this photo of the girl’s relaxing and playing with their Toy Story characters- these are the current obsession in our house.
9. Oh the Gap tights with the bear on the bum- nothing cuter! Especially when they are colourful and stripy.
10. If we are not busy or away at the weekend then a carpet picnic has become a tradition- I don’t know why but we all love it. Why is lunch more special when you bring the picnic blanket in?
11. I love this selfie of myself and Mads. She is so beautiful, inside and out, and I am so proud of her. It’s still quite hard to get her not to pull a face when I take a photo so I especially love this one.
12. My fitness mission has gone a little awol the last few weeks- since Christmas and our holiday. I am back on my running streak which is good news as of the last week or so, but I am also trying to drink more water, so when I spotted this camera beaker I had to get it. So far I am failing miserably, my diet coke obsession is getting worse, but at least I have a snazzy glass when I do drink water!
13. Isn’t it funny how the weirdest toys become the most popular? We got this cheap Peppa Pig drawing board for LL on the plane and the Lightening McQueen plastic phone we found in a trolley in Tescos of all places but for some reason these are their favourite things at the moment. We always ‘bring one toy’ with us when we leave the house and 9 times out of 10 these are the ones they choose at the moment.
14. I love this little black and white outfit of LL’s, in case you are wondering it’s from Next. The little brogues and hat are from H and M– we pretty much never leave the house without a hat on nowadays.
15. As a family, a little tradition of ours is to go for pancakes whenever we go away or have a special occasion- so naturally we love Pancake Day. But for some reason we are AWFUL at making them, even Mr E who is a pretty good cook, seems to struggle with pancakes. This year was no exception- but we slathered on loads of Nutella, ‘squirty’ cream and salted caramel balls, and they still tasted ok. They just looked like something on the bottom of your shoe.
16. Not to be outdone on the selfie front, LL and I had to pose for one too. Love my smiley girl!
17. Mmmm tapas, one of my favourite type of meals. I had to go for an all day meeting in Manchester a couple of weeks ago, and I had a impromptu sneaky date with my lovely chum Charlotte.
18. Those teddy dresses/skirts again- far too cute! We bought them before Christmas from Marks and Spencer if you wanted to know, and a couple of people who saw my instagram of these went out and bought them recently- apparently they are now in the sale! Even better.
19. I love love love this photo of my twosome- we were going out for the day and they wanted to each pack a little bag with their snacks in, LL is obsessed with Peppa Pig and Mads loves a bit of 1D, so they love taking these little lunch bags out with them.
20. We were getting ready for nursery one morning when I noticed they had got back into bed and were watching the iPad. I just thought it looked so cute the way they were lying there together.
21. I picked up this hat for about £3 from Boo Hoo (it’s an adult’s one!) but I love it cause we always joke to Mads she is having a bad hair day with her unruly curls.
22. I think these might be my favourite outfits of theirs at the moment- I just love mustard, it’s my favourite colour (well anything Yellow really) and I just think they look so cute all styled together. I also love Mads hair in little plaits. Most of the clothes are from Next, bar Mads trousers and boots which are from Zara. LL’s little shoes are from Mothercare.
23. Yum to breakfast meetings- Caravan is such a great spot to meet if you come in to London at Kings Cross- I have been there for a few meals now.
24. Happy colours for Spring- loving this red and yellow combo! I don’t think I will ever tire of coordinating these girls although I am sure they will hate it one day. Until they tell me otherwise I am going to enjoy it though. 😉
If you want to see more of my iPhone pics, you can find me over on instagram- I’m @mummydaddyme.
PS We paid for all the items in this post, I just wanted to include the links to some things in case people want to know where they are from.