“Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life”
I have always had a love of seeing the world. It’s funny because I hadn’t been abroad much before I hit my teens, my parents weren’t big travellers, but my grandparents on the other hand have travelled all over the world and still do even in their 80’s. I think I must have picked up my wanderlust from them.
In my late teens and early 20’s before having our babies, we travelled the world. I went backpacking round Thailand, swam with dolphins in Barbados and enjoyed city breaks, beach holidays and everything in between. Luckily my husband who hadn’t travelled much, soon picked up my travel bug too.
When I finished my degree I knew straight away that I wanted to work in the travel industry and I did for many years, until we had our babies. I remember thinking that our love of travel might have to stop. But if anything it has got even better. Yes travelling with a child is very different and of course it can be stressful at times. Travelling with three young children does mean that we have to be VERY organised and we go into a mild panic when the iPad runs out of battery while we are on a plane. But we honestly wouldn’t have it any other way.
We want to show that you can travel the world with young children. Because there is truly nothing better than seeing the world through your children’s eyes and making memories with them.
We’ve added a fair few stamps to our children’s passports already. Check out our travel map to see where we’ve been and who we have been luckily enough to work with. There’s so many places in the world we want to see. But everyone has a top 10 travel bucket list.
This is ours…
1. Sit on a beach with our children in The Maldives and stare at the turquoise waters.
2. Slide down the mountain slide near Kandersteg, Switzerland.
3. Hire bikes and cycle over the Brooklyn Bridge in NYC, USA (We’ve been twice, just not with our children)
4. Go and look round Alcatraz in San Francisco, USA. (DONE- A 17 day road trip to California in April 2017)
5. Experience the craziness of Tokyo, Japan.
6. See the beauty of Lako Como, Italy.
7. Explore the sights of Portland, Oregon, USA.
8. Drive an RV around Canada and explore.
9. See the Northern Lights or just generally explore Iceland.
10. Go surfing in Noosaville, Queensland, Australia.
We have already worked with some amazing travel clients, including Visit Orlando, Visit California, Disney World, KLM, Thomson Holidays, Sandals, Mark Warner, James Villa Holidays, Sovereign, Hilton, Virgin Trains, Thomson Airways, Thomas Cook and Visit Stockholm to name just a few.
We have a dedicated hashtag for our adventures over on our instagram page #mummydaddymetravels if you want to check our some of our instagram pics. I also have a second instagram account @mummydaddymetravels for more photos of our adventures
I also run an award winning joint collaborative travel blog called Space In Your Case.
If you are a travel brand who wants to work with us, whether that’s on creating video content for your brand, photography, press trips or anything else, you can visit our work with us page, or get in touch…