On our recent holiday to Lanzarote, I took a lot of photos on my iPhone. I took a lot on my DSLR as well of course, but especially when we were out and about sometimes it was easier to just take my phone with me. I love doing these sporadic snippets of life through my phone, it’s still the camera I use the most and it was no exception on holiday. Of course if I make an effort and take my big camera out then I always love the photos, but I do think phone photos capture more things in the moment as they are so quick and easy.
I absolutely love buying outfits for my girls, it definitely is a big weakness of mine, plus we are exceptionally lucky in that they get bought a fair few things from my kind family, but I especially love choosing what they are going to wear on holiday. Just like our garage door pictures at home, we got into a habit while we were out in Lanzarote of taking a photo each evening before we went out. We did the same when we were in Rhodes last year and I love that we have these silly little photos of our holidays to look back on. A fair few people have asked me where I got some of their clothes from, so I will try and link to where I got them from. (Don’t worry I’m not about to turn into a fashion blogger but I hope it helps if you are after any Summer outfit inspiration!)
Here is ‘My Little Bits of Life- The Holiday Edition’…
2. Is it a bit embarrasing to wear dungarees at the same time as your daughters? Oops. Mads and LL’s little dungees are from Primark and were super cheap but I love them- they are bright neon and have rose gold buttons. I still haven’t decided if I can pull of the dungarees look but I am embracing them all the same!
3. I still love ‘matching but not matching’ the girls outfits- their whole outfits in these photos are from Next, I love the fact that you can buy matching clothes in different colours from there. My dress is from Mela Loves London.
4. I ran every day on holiday, only 3 miles a day, but it was amazing to get up and run down the promenade, there were so many people running and it really was so motivating. The scenary was beautiful, I would definitely stay motivated to run if it looked like that every day. I ate so badly on holiday, after all if you can’t indulge on holiday when can you? It was good to feel like I was at least being a little healthy by exercising for a bit each day.
5. I really love this photo of my posers looking cool in their matching swimming cossies and their sunglasses- so funny. Their swimming costumes have little fruit all over them and are really adorable- my Mum very kindly bought them from Tesco for them.
6. We went out for some cocktails and ice cream at a nice little modern bar on the seafront called Blue Horizon- the girls loved the big beds that you lay on.
7. We bought these little towelling sailboat dresses from Next last year and the girls have lived in them when we have gone away- sadly they are getting a bit tatty and too small now, I will be sad to see them go!
8. We really do try and keep to the girls routines even while we are away, so they napped every afternoon on holiday. It meant that Mr E and I got some well needed sun bathing time. I took my laptop with me because I thought I had work to do, but I actually ended up only turning it on once- we both really switched off which was lovely. I even read four books!
9. We went for a walk along the beach one evening which was lovely- Mads shorts and LL’s playsuit are from my absolute favourite Little Bird at Mothercare- for someone who loves retro styling I couldn’t love their clothes anymore. My trousers are from Topshop and when I bought them Mr E said they looked like a pair of old curtains from the 70’s!
10. Yet more wall posing- I adore these little dresses from Next, we bought them a few months ago to go away in January so I don’t know if they are still in stock but I really love the bright colours- they are so cute.
11. Lovely Little Bird outfits again- I don’t think I could love their things much more if I tried. My dress is ridiculously old and from good old Primark.
12. More Next outfits- it’s hard to see from the photos but Mads dungarees and LL’s top have a really cute neon bird print on- if you are looking for Summer stuff you should definitely check out Next this season, we have found some lovely things. My playsuit is from H and M.
13. There’s nothing better than sitting in the sunshine watching your little family playing and drinking a diet coke!
14. ‘Baa’ is definitely well travelled but I am not sure he is impressed with some of the adventures he ends up on- he took a little dip in the pool and we had to hang him on the line to dry. When it came to bedtime he still wasn’t completely dry so I had to spend twenty minutes blow drying him with a hair dryer- the things we parents do for our little people!
15. I am obsessed with frozen yoghurt so was pleased to find a little shop called Smooy– the girls were so excited to choose their own toppings and of course went for the most unhealthy sugary ones they could find.
16. All ready to go home on the last day- when we were at the airport their Pink Lining cases made a lot of people smile and I have to admit they did look rather cute dragging them around behind them. Their outfits are from Little Bird again- I adore LL’s little blue pinafore dress.
17. I love this photo of them- sandcastle building is a serious business it seems.
18. When the flight is delayed there’s only one thing for it- out come the electronic babysitters! Luckily it wasn’t delayed for too long and we were soon on our way back home. Boo.
If you want to see more of my iPhone photos I am over on instagram- I’m @mummydaddyme. Next part of our holiday to Lanzarote coming up next week when I stop watching The Following in the evenings and get round to making another video!